Life is good

Life is good

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

So happy :)

I cannot fully express how happy I am today. Honestly, SO SO SO HAPPY! I think the only way to really come close to describing it is complete and utter JOY. I'm so grateful for so many things. I finished on 17 sign ups last week! WHaaaaaat? I was the top signer in the office last week! Yay! That is a BEAUTIFUL feeling. Especially since it was only my 3rd week. I'm finally getting to the point where I am confident in my own skills and I just innately know that I'm going to get the sign ups I need and want to get. I'm getting so much better at reading people and sharing my heart with them. I think that's what I love the most right now about my job. There are so many amazing people that just open their hearts to me and I just get to hear the most beautiful stories.
I have such a great respect for people who have consciously turned their lives around. I talk to so many people every day who tell me about their addictions and struggles and how they have overcome them and changed their lives around for the better. I really think it takes a lot of strength to recognize you need help and then do something about it and make a lasting change. These people inspire me. And I meet them every day.
I'm thankful for the little things. It barely rained today and then it was nice and sunny until work was over. Some guy serenaded me and told me I was beautiful. The greenpeace canvassers and I chatted and they were so funny. I signed up 3 guys today and none of them had any excuses. They just signed up once I was done dialoguing them. Whaaaaaat? That made me feel really good. I had some beautiful conversations with people who didn't sign up, but I made awesome connections with people. I actually stopped quite a few girls today. My average age for sign ups was above 25- which is really good because it usually means they'll stick with it longer. Today was beautiful and happy :)
Today we had another new starter who I got to train! I love it when they put me with new people because I get to teach them what I have learned- from experiencing it, but also what the other dialoguers have taught me, plus teaching them helps me be more confident and then I learn better by teaching. When I identify things that other people need to improve, I can more easily identify when I am letting myself slip into doing those things as well, and since I need to be the example, I catch myself. I love training newbies! Even though I'm still a newbie.. haha.
I am so blessed. Getting this job has been so amazing for me. I have learned so much about myself, and it's just helping me release all my inhibitions. By the end of the summer I will be fearless- at the rate it's going right now, I think it's inevitable.
So happy :) I can't stop smiling. Everything is so rewarding to me. I'm getting paid really well, which is what I need, but more importantly I get to do something about poverty every day. I get to fight for basic human rights every day. I get to give children the opportunity to go to school and have food and water and healthcare every single day. I get to give everyday people the opportunity to change a life. What better way to spend my summer? Bam. Life is GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo!!! Yeehaw!!! haha I am so happy for you. Keep it up amazing girl! :)

    ReplyDelete