So yesterday wasn't a fluke. I got 4 again today! I'm getting better at this job! I feel so much more confident about it, so instead of hoping I will find people to sign up, I KNOW I will find people. I honestly believe that every person can and should and wants to sponsor a kid because it's so worth it. I firmly believe that! Have I mentioned how much I love my job?
I talked to a lady yesterday who was a personal chef! She was soooo cool! I talked to another lady who worked in a studio sewing organic cloth feminine hygiene products too. She was also really cool! (Marissa would have liked to hear about her job.. It was pretty awesome what she was working on!) I also signed up a Delta Airlines pilot who lived in Portland but worked in Detroit, but since he flies everywhere for free it worked out. He signed up for a kid in Honduras because he really likes that country and wants to go again with his girlfriend. PERFECT. He didn't even need convincing and he came back out of Nike Town just like he said he would and signed right up after he got shoes for his girlfriend.
So, basically even though it rained pretty much all day long, people still want to stop and talk and do good. Enough said.
GOOD DAY :)
That's awesome Cara! You're right, I would have loved to talk to that lady about her job! You'll have to tell me more about it, if there is more! You are doing great things, I am so impressed with you!
ReplyDelete