After every high there comes a low right? right. Well, it came today. I let the jerks get to me, i let the rain get to me. I let myself go a LOT, and that was really dumb of me. Because I only got 2 sign ups. Boo. I can do better than that. I can do a ton better than that. So I'm committing right now to make tomorrow a lot better. Honestly, If I can keep my attitude in check and stay energetic and peppy all day. I know I'll get tons of sign ups because people will be drawn to me. It's a proven fact! Crazy huh?
I signed up this older guy today named Jeffery who was on his way to the hospital and he didn't think he was going to live very long, but i signed him up to sponsor a kid so he'd have someone to be accountable to. It was so great! My second sign up was pretty cool too. It was a guy who I had talked to before who was like, I'll do it next time.. The funny thing is that I don't remember talking to him, and he was the one who reminded me that he had said that before, so I just gave it to him straight and made him do it. He was like "I have no idea why I'm doing this right now, but you're a hard saleswoman." I've been getting comments like that a lot lately.. People keep telling me I should sell cars or something.. For some reason I don't think I could be as effective doing that though, because I don't know if I'm passionate enough about transportation to really want to make a difference. I'm good at my job because I really care about the cause and I am passionate about what I'm doing. I am rewarded by knowing that what I do MATTERS.
There were a few things that made me happy today though. Danny told me that he talked about me in his conference call with the bosses in New York. Whaaaat? He said they were all really impressed that I hit 2 fast tracks in one week and led the office with 17 sign ups last week. I need to step up my game and get it goin this week! I feel really positive about my progress thus far, and I want to keep that upward momentum going.
Also, there's this guy named James who works at the apple store in the mall. and he gets like a million breaks, so i see him ALL the time. He hasn't signed up yet, but I'll get him to do it sometime. Anyhow I always see him from really far away and I yell his name. We have this weird relationship where i say hi and hassle him about how he takes his lunch break at like 5pm every day.. and then he laughs and keeps walking. but today we actually talked and I almost signed him up. and i told him that i didn't believe he actually worked at apple and he was probably just stalking me.. haha that was a joke. but it was kinda funny. he came back a few minutes later and was like "Since the sun isn't out, I thought you could use some vitamin D" and gives me this drink thing. How sweet. I have the best stalker ever! haha anyways, that kind of made my day today! I'll take it as a good omen for tomorrow. I'll definitely have to wear my baby savin' chuck taylor's tomorrow.. They seem to be MAGIC!
That's the plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment