Life is good

Life is good

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PR!!

So all that stuff about forgetting about numbers and just focusing on the people and making connections with them really works! Man, That was my goal today. I had a nice chat during first break about how important that was, and since I had a big old goose egg as my score, I was ready to take a new approach. After the break I worked with Taylor by the mall and I signed up a painter guy who came back for me and then he wasn't going to do it but I knew he had his debit card and he knew it was a good organization so I followed him up the elevator to the top story of the parking structure and signed him up. It was great! about 10 minutes later I signed up my second guy after walking him down the block and just chatting it up with him. He was all laughing because he never stops for canvassers and he blew off one of the San Fran girls right before I stopped him but after our conversation, he took my binder and the form and just started filling it out. He was like 'I can do $22 a month..' It was awesome. 
After that some girl tried to tell me that I should really look into my organization because the CEO makes 6 figures.. It just made me laugh because ignorance is the whole problem I'm working so hard to combat. I didn't let it dampen my spirits so it was great :)
After the next break i signed up my second woman ever! Her name was Aubrey and I stopped her because I really liked her necklace and we talked about the beach because that's where she got it and then she asks me what my book is for. So I talked to her about the organization and how much I LOVE IT and by the time I was done, she just told me to sign her up! I was soooo so happy. I seriously almost cried.
Right after that I had this awesome conversation about how important education is with these younger guys and they were both on board 100% and then one of them didn't have a bank account, but his friend who was visiting from Colorado did, so I got him to sign up. It was sooo great! 
My last sign up was this great couple who were on a date night and after talking about the organization with them and talking about how we sponsor kids in th US and how some people do it in their kids' names and she was totally sold. Her husband just gave her the 'do it if you want' look and I got her. I was so on top of my game! I had a response for her every excuse and it was magical!
I finished on 5!! New personal record, and I was just soooo happy! Today was such a great day. I am so happy and it feels sooo good to have put so many kids in school! Definitely my best day so far! 
I LOVE MY JOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment