Life is good

Life is good

Monday, June 6, 2011

i feel so good like.. i knew i would..

Man.. I gotta step up my game. I am fully capable of doing my job and putting tons of kids in school. I gotta do my thang and make it happen! It's the lulls that make the good days worth it, but this lull needs to be over and I am determined to make that happen TOMORROW. I have faith that I will be successful. I have lots of faith. I just gotta do work now.
 I signed up some sweet guys today! Both of them basically convinced themselves, and the last guy had talked to me 3 times before I finally signed him up. It was pretty awesome :) The first guy Jordan was really nice and we just talked and then we just had an awesome chat and he signed up. Derek wasn't even going to sign up, but after I talked to him and his friend at Powell's I saw his friend again and then Cameron and I walked past them on our way back from break sitting outside a restaurant drinkin a beer. I started talking to him about his shirt because it said something about clean water and how many children die every year from dirty water, especially in places like Africa. We started talking about that and how important education is and I mentioned that Marissa is going to Uganda to teach the women there and that Richard is going to teach about microenterprise. He had actually heard of HELP international and he was totally excited about it! We talked for a second about that and then I was just like "this is why I do what I do man. We're giving these kids an opportunity to become educated and healthy so they can rise above the poverty they are faced with every day. Let's sponsor a kid!" It was so great because he basically convinced himself and just told me to get the form out. Sooooo great :) That made me really really happy! So even though I only got 2 today, I'm feeling good about it and tomorrow will be great! I'm feeling pretty confident about that fact :)
San Fransisco team beat us by 11 points, so they're in Portland and we're in playoff mode! We are sooooo gonna win this week. It's gonna be a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment