Oh man. GOOD DAY TODAY!! I got 5 again!!
Since I got 5 yesterday, I got to go up to NW 23rd with Karen and Zach. It was literally one of the best days ever too!
I signed up a guy who used to work for Greenpeace in the first hour, and then I worked with Karen and she signed up Amanda Seyfried from Mama Mia and Mean Girls! It was so amazing!! I totally recognized her and was about to tell her she looked like Amanda Seyfried but then I waited until she she wrote her name on the sponsorship form and it was totally her! It was pretty rad because she was SOOOO sweet and nice and gave Karen and I hugs and everything :) She was in town filming a movie so it was awesome!
Anyways then I signed up this guy named Phil who was full of one-liners and was from Ogden Utah so we had fun talking about how much we don't really love Utah and eventually he signed up. It was pretty sweet!
The next guy was a sailor and it took a long time to convince him to sign up because he was torn about how little the donation was and he couldn't do enough. It was so funny.
My last two sign ups were literally angels. I stopped this girl because I liked her earrings and then we talked about them and then I told her like one thing about the organization and she just took the form from me and signed up. It was truly a gift! She was like "I like to live my life with a purpose.." It was amazing! She came over with every intention of doing it! The last guy did not want to stop for me, but I told him I wanted him to have a great day, and that he would by sponsoring a kid. He didn't want to stop so I just let him go and said have a great day. About 2 minutes later he came back and I was jokingly like, "Aww you came back for me, that's so sweet!" Because I always say that to people jokingly, but he was like "Actually, yes" Haha He was like do you take cash? And pulls out a wad of $100 bills. I was like Nope just Debit or Credit. He asked how much and for how long and I told him, and then he was like, well, okay. And I signed him up. What what?? Haha it was GREAT!!
It was funny today because we were in front of this bookstore and the lady got really mad at us and called the cops because we were "panhandling." The cops all know us though, so when he got there he told us we didn't have to leave. It was pretty ridiculous that a bookstore meant to make $ to support the local library would call the cops on us for trying to give kids the opportunity to learn to read and write. It was pretty ridiculous, but we weren't doing anything wrong so I felt no need to be nice to her because she was just on a power trip. It was just silly. But ultimately it didn't dampen my mood because I was just having a great day. I was literally glowing I was so happy :) YEEEE!
No comments:
Post a Comment